A sparkling new translation by roger clarke of one of the most influential philosophical works of all time which renders the original latin into an english that is clear readable and true to the spirit of thomas mores writing. This extraordinary treatise on the values of rationality and reason here presented in a sparkling new translation by roger clarke and accompanied by copious notes and additional texts questions what a philosopher can do to enact change in society and how idealized visions can inform political practice. As a philosopher author statesman and humanist thomas more 1478 1535 was one of the most influential thinkers of the english renaissance he was a councillor to henry viii who famously ordered his execution and is venerated as a saint in catholicism mores utopia is considered one of the most influential philosophical works of all time
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.